Your Cart is empty
FANTASTIC ROUTES ON YOUR DOORSTEP - Chopwell Woods.
About The Route
Chopwell Woodland Park is located in historic Derwent Valley, 11 miles from Newcastle City Centre. The wood is not signposted until the entrance in the village of High Spen (B6315). Access to the B6315 from the south is off the A694 at Rowlands Gill or from the north at the A695 at Greenside. The mountain bike trails can be started from Chopwell Wood Main Car Park in Chopwell Woodland Park. High Spen, Chopwell, Rowlands Gill, Gateshead
- The trail is a black graded unsurfaced fast flowing loamy affair with a few rock gardens and drops added to give it a bit of interest
- The trail is a black graded unsurfaced fast flowing loamy affair with a few rock gardens and drops added to give it a bit of interest - It's a new idea for the network in that it's a managed natural trail, designed to entertain those who would normally not ride trail centre hard pack trails.
The Powerline (Red)
- The Powerline is a short 2km Red graded fast technical XC trail.
- The trail head is at the main car park and finished near the River Derwent.
The Outside Line (Blue)
- The Outside Line is a Blue graded trail around Chopwell Wood on forest roads.
- The trailhead and finish are at the main car park.
- Unlike the Red trail this is a multiple user trail so expect walkers and horse riders.
Route: Black Trail, Red Trail, Blue Trail
Distance: Under 5km
Terrain: Cross Country (XC)
National Cycle Network: N/A
Directions Chopwell Woodland Park is located in historic Derwent Valley, 11 miles (17km) from Gateshead and Newcastle City Centres.
Blue graded trails for a gentle off-road experience. These follow the extensive forest road network and make a great introduction to mountainbiking
The Red graded Powerline Mountain Bike Trail is a fast, technical red which will leave you grinning ear to ear!